Sunday, June 20, 2010

Herding Instinct. Does she have it?

Saturday was a wonderful day. Jasmine, Ben, Danya ( my sister-in law) and I all headed down to Ewetopia in Roy, Washington for the Pembrook club's Herding Instinct Test.
First thing Jasmine got to do was play with all the Pems. She was so happy to have someone her own size to play with. There were over 30 entries in the test so she had plenty of pups to play with.

Anyone recognize these two???
Yup it's Nikki! and her Pemi friend. Sorry Carolyn and Cheri I forgot her name.

And now for Jasmine. She was so excited the whole time watching everyone else, since she was a Cardi she was at the end but boy did she put on a show for everyone!
As soon as the sheep were released she brought them right up to the shepherd and never let them leave her side, no matter what.
I love this shot as she's "wooing" at the sheep.



Jasmine never let the sheep leave her side. Every time the trainer tried to get the sheep to split, Jasmine automatically put them back in a herd. I'm so proud of my girl . Thank you Carolyn sooooo much!

3 comments:

Carolyn Cannon said...

Good Girl, Jasmine!

What a nice, muddy day you had :-)

The pem is good ol' Mayzie.

ronstew said...

Ah. Now you need to start training in herding. There are five cardis in SW BC working pretty hard. See http://cardigancorgi.ca/ for a couple of pictures that show a possible future for Jasmine. There are many good herding trainers in WA who will work with cardis. Let me know, and I will put you in touch.

Personally, I find herding a much greater challenge than agility. Also more expensive and less convenient.

Ron Stewart
Vancouver, BC

ronstew said...

You're in Stanwood? I think that Jan Wesen in Bow gives lessons. Marti Parrish in Marysville is a very nice lady. I know she judges - I don't know about lessons. There is somebody on Whidbey Island, but you can't fly like a crow.

Seriously, if your Jasmine did half of what you describe, she is awesomely awesome. And having already trained in other sports will give you a leg-up.

Write to me r o n (at) m o o n s e t (dot) c a , and I will dig deeper. I will also let you know when my talented friends will be working their cardis at trials.

By the way - the bunny at the comic-con is from Donny Darko. I have not seen the movie.

About Me

My photo
Thoughts of a twenty something woman on her husband, her dogs and cat.

Followers