Friday, October 17, 2008

Back to Agilty after a YEAR off

So Monday was Jasmine's and my first day back to Agility class since last year. This has been because of my work schedule, class schedule etc/etc. Thankfully though, last Valentines day I came home to "home made" to AKC standard Weave Poles and a 12 inch variable height jump. Well over the past year we've created a small dog agilty area up the property to keep the equipment on and have an area other than the front yard to practice in.
Anyway....
So Monday. I'm thinking, she's not been to class in a year, she's gonna go BANANAS when she sees Julie ( one of her favorite people-mainly for the cheeze), our trainer. Not to mention that there are soo many obsticles that she loves that she has not done in sooo long. We started out the class by doing a Novice course including a tire and the A Frame. Frame, never has been a problem. The tire, that's a compeletly different story. I'm a corgi, I'm short, I can easily go under that why should I go through it. Well we didnt even warm up on the course we just went. and BOY did SHE FLY. I forgot how fast that girl is. She was probably 12 feet infront of me and I'm just yelling obsticles and pointing and she nailed every single one of them. She did Cross infronts/behinds, went through the tire (first try) through the tunnels and finished without knocking a single bar down. Oh we were sooo happy and yes she did bark the entire time.
The next session we did included the A Frame, Weaves, Tire, broad jump and again many many jumps. The entire set went really really well until.... the weaves. :( Definately need to pull them out and work on them some more. She has the concept down but exicution is a different story. She breaks or does the I'm a Corgi, Why should I thing. Very irritating. Either way the day ended on her being able to run around like a lunatic jumping every jump in sight. I can't wait for a match, she will do very very well in a jumpers class.
Well that's all for the moment. We will continue our work with weaves and hopefully do better next week.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Thoughts of a twenty something woman on her husband, her dogs and cat.

Followers