Thursday, October 28, 2010

OMG... bad puppies

Ok so this week must be making up for all the lack of emergencies last week. Tonight has been pretty steady with minor emergencies which is good, it keeps me busy but Oh.... Bad Bad Puppies!
The last two nights we have had two seperate 12 week old puppies(different breeds, but both 12 pounds) come in because they jumped the wrong way and broke the toes in their left foot. Now how randomly strange is that? I'm expecting one more tomorrow night as emergencies tend to come in threes. First puppy was a Cattle dog mix, this one is a Ausi.... next one I'm guessing a Kelpie? Corgi? Idk I'm just counting the hours till this puppy goes home because it obviously has not been socialized to being in a crate, it's a submissive pee'er, has been screaming at the top of its lungs for 5 HOURS because it's in a kennel, is on a sedative and heavy duty pain med! OMD the Dr finally was like, just let it out of the kennel and let it sit with you because it's driving us both crazy.
Thank fully I always bring some of Jasmine's "busy" toys with her like kongs and brain teaser toys so I've loaded those up with food and locked the puppy and I into a little receptionist closet and am doing paperwork. I'm doing my best not to get up and make too much noise and ignore the annoying puppy.
With that said.....
THANK YOU CAROLYN SO MUCH for making Jasmine such a well rounded puppy from the beginning. I'm so glad we never went through a night like this with her, she's always been such a good girl and unfortunately she's not with me at work tonight otherwise maybe she could keep the puppy occupied. Oh wait, I think the puppy is , yup napping. Hopefully she'll fall into a deep sleep and I can just take my shoes off and finish some stuff in the other room.
Oh and to everyone with a puppy around 12 weeks of age. PLEASE lock up your puppies tomorrow as I do not really want to splint another left leg on a herding dog :)
Good night or Good morning to all.

1 comment:

Carolyn Cannon said...

Of course the crate-training is for our own benefit, too. It's worth a couple of sleepless nights for us when they are 8 weeks old.

The crate-training can come undone however if the puppy never goes in a crate after it leaves.

The resident dogs know when they are in a crate to stay and when it's just for meal time. After they eat a couple of them think it's ok to bark and tell us to let them out.

About Me

My photo
Thoughts of a twenty something woman on her husband, her dogs and cat.

Followers