Sunday, March 24, 2013

Catching up

Wow, it's been a long time. I'm not so good at this blogging thing. I spend way too much time surfing the internet reading about other people's posts to really sit down and write my own. So sorry to those of you who are looking for a frequent update about Dag and Jasmine and the rest of my furry crew, you'll just have to add me on Facebook which is where I spend most of my time.
That being said. It's been an interesting winter. I've been training Jasmine in agility so hopefully I can get some more title's on her. She is so funny though miss social butterfly. The last two show's she has decided that in the middle of the run she must go see either the judge or one of the ring stewards to make sure that they are real people and then she goes back to working. Silly girl. Currently she is in Open Standard and Novice Jumpers. Novice mainly because she gets bored and runs around like a goof ball forgetting that we are trying to be all professional and such. I have the summer show schedule planned out and I'm keeping my fingers crossed we do well.
Dag has been doing great. In addition to learning all  about agility  he has been showing very well in conformation. He has 5 points (pending akc approval), which includes a 3 point major! The last 3 shows he's been to he's placed so I'm glad to see that he's growing up into a very nice boy. He should also be making an agility debut here probably in September/November depending on how well he continues to do at class. Like Jasmine the Weave poles are hard for him and he's not so keen on the Teeter but that confidence will come with time.
The dogs have also appreciated my change in employment. Back in August I decided that working as a Vet Tech was just becoming too stressful. It was not conducive to a nice carefree lifestyle where I could have the weekends off and work a 9-5 job so I started looking for something different. Well I found it. I started working as an Insurance Saleswoman for State Farm. A great change for me where I get to talk to people all day long and learn about them and not have to worry about someone dying in the middle of my work shift. I must say I do love all of my co-workers and my boss. They are all very understanding that I do show dogs a couple times a month and I can't work every Saturday. It' makes it easier to get time off for dog shows and training and best of all I work from 9-6 and still have time for dog class!
Well I will try to update this more often and also add some of Dag's win Pictures. At the moment I have not really taken many pictures of anything this year which needs to change because spring is here.Thanks for reading and enjoy your stay. I'm off to go play Frisbee with the crew.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry! You have got a great blog. I am interested in looking for more of such topics and would like to have further information.

plagiarism detector online

Unknown said...

Your article is good. I like style of your writing. So I got pleasure reading it. Thanks a lot!


writemy-essay.net/assignments

About Me

My photo
Thoughts of a twenty something woman on her husband, her dogs and cat.

Followers